I love pizza; you can’t really go wrong with pizza - Nick Jonas
If you haven't noticed, I love reading quotes of what celebrities say about pizza. It's so interesting how common our love for pizza is and people's take on it. And when it comes to reinventing the wheel, you don't have to try too hard - experimenting new ingredient combinations can be fun and rejuvenating, especially for your taste buds!
You can jazz up a classic pizza by adding black olives, thinly sliced mushrooms, pepperoni, and ham! So lets get to it -
- 1 lb pizza dough, room temperature
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce (see how to prepare your only easily here)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced mushrooms (use our vegetable slicer for that)
- 1 ounce of pepperoni slices (approx. 18 slices)
- 1 ounce of ham slices
- 10-12 pitted black olives, halved lengthwise
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Italian four-cheese blend (see our box grater)
How to do it:
- Preheat the oven to 550F (higher the better) and position a Pizza Stone or baking sheet at the lowest rack.
- Roll dough into a 12-inch circle on a Baking Mat (click here if you need one).
- Move dough onto a Wooden Pizza Peel, spread sauce evenly leaving 1/2-inch border for the crust.
- Top pizza evenly with pepperoni, ham, olives and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with cheese all over.
- Launch your pizza onto the stone or baking sheet and bake at 550F on bottom rack for approx. 8-10 minutes or until crust is golden. (Alternatively, you can lower the heat to 450F and cook for longer, approx 15-20 minutes)
- Remove the baking sheet or use a Metal Pizza Peel (click here to see why)
- Cut with a Pizza Rocker or Cutter for perfect mess free slices. Enjoy!